Outreach and Training Overview
The Outreach and Training Committee is responsible for deciding
how to find new members for SAAL. We help put together the training
goals and resources for SAAL, so we can develop new self-advocate
leaders and grow new Self-Advocates As Leaders teams around the state.
My Voice, My Choice: A training on Self-Determination
and Self-Directed Supports.
For information, call Marcie Tedlow at 503-725-8129 or toll-free 1-866-835-0659.
SAAL Outreach and Training Committee is looking for outstanding members. We especially encourage people from Oregon's eastern, southern and coastal regions to apply. Interested? Contact Marcie Tedlow at 503-725-8129 or toll-free 1-866-835-0659, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We make an outreach plan to decide where and how we will do
- We look at what areas of the state are represented on SAAL committees. Where we have low or no representation, we help recruit members.
- We make decisions about what training materials and types of
training to do, and we help develop training materials.
- We help decide who will be speakers and trainers
when SAAL gets a training grant.
Some of Our Training:
- Self-Advocacy 101
- Self-Determination For Everyone
- Supporting Independence
- Living independently
- Sexuality Forum
- High School Transition
- How to Be A Good Board Member
- Hiring/Firing Staff
- My Voice, My Choice
- When To Call 9-1-1
- Life Stories Workshop
- Violence Awareness: How to Protect Ourselves from Abuse
- and more!